I’ve made this potato salad once before from my mother’s recipe. Tonight I attempted to make it without the recipe (since it’s fairly straight forward) and it turned out great! I’ve tried using both mint and parsley in the recipe so far – both work really well. 🙂 But I’m sure there are many other herbs that would work too!
Try it out for yourself!
6 washed potatoes, peeled and chopped in half
1/4 cup fresh parsley or mint, finely chopped
3 tablespoons egg mayonnaise
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1. Place the potatoes in a microwave dish, cover and heat in the microwave on High for 5 minutes to soften.
2. Fill 2 pots with water and boil on the stove. When they start to boil, add the potatoes to one pot and 4 eggs to the other pot. Boil for 10 minutes or until potatoes are soft and easy to cut through.
3. Empty the water from the pots into a colender. Run cold water over the potatoes and eggs.
4. Chop the potatoes into small squares and add to a salad bowl.
5. Remove shells from the eggs. Chop eggs into small pieces and add to the salad.
6. Add the parsley or mint, egg mayonnaise and lemon juice.
7. Toss the salad and serve.