I discovered Rick Grant’s seasoning mixes at the Gluten Free Expo in Sydney today. I was so excited to find out that none of the packets contain onion or garlic. Rick is my new hero!!
I’m currently renovating my kitchen, but as soon as I can start cooking again I’m definitely giving these a go!
Check out the website for more information.
As we enter the colder months Down Under, there’s nothing better than a chicken and vegetable soup. But everyone seems to make it with onion! However, my husband and I have worked out a way to make delicious soup that contains no onion or garlic and is gluten free. It CAN BE possible!
Fructose Friendly Chicken and Vegetable Soup (Serves 10)
- 1/2 celery, chopped finely
- 4 medium sized carrots, chopped finely
- 6 small chat potatoes, chopped finely
- 800g chicken breast, diced
- 2 litres Massel Gourmet Plus Salt Reduced Chicken Liquid Stock (fructose friendly – no onion and garlic)
- Spice to taste
1. Combine chopped celery, carrots and potatoes in a large pot (5 litre).
2. Cut up chicken breast, leaving the fat on, and add to the pot.
3. Pour in 2 litres of chicken stock. Add additional water to pot if required.
4. Set to boil for 2 hours, stirring occasionally.
5. Gradually add your choice of spices to taste.
6. Serve and enjoy! Refrigerate leftovers and reheat to consume again the next day. 🙂