I have a new yummy stir fry recipe that I’m sure you’ll all love! Usually, I make all my stir fries with chicken but I had some diced beef in the freezer so I decided to mix things up a bit. And I didn’t want another rice meal so I attempted to make rice stick noodles. They never look very appealing in the packaging in the supermarket but they are yummy when I eat them from my favourite stir fry take away outlet, so figured it was worth a shot. The verdict? Well, as long as you cook them long enough until they’re soft; yummo!
The sauce was inspired by another beef recipe I found on Taste.com.au. It doesn’t look too fancy in the photo, but I’m definitely using that sauce again!
Ingredients (Serves 4)
500g diced beef
250g rice stick noodles
2 cups beansprouts
2 carrots, finely diced
2 sticks of celery, finely diced
1/4 cup Sesame oil
1/4 cup Gluten free soy sauce
1. Cook the beef until lightly browned in a large wok on medium heat.
2. Add vegetables and sesame oil, ginger paste and gluten free soy sauce. Stir until combined.
3. Put the lid on the wok and turn it onto a low heat.
4. Boil the kettle and then pour the water into a large glass bowl.
5. Insert the rice stick noodles into the bowl and leave them to cook for 10 minutes until al dente. Drain the water from the bowl.
6. Serve the noodles with the beef – either separately or add to the stir fry- and enjoy!