So I’ve collected a whole bunch of FODMAPS recipes and I figured it was about time that I started trying them out…
Tonight I made a yummy Parsley and Quinoa Salad. If you’ve never had quinoa (pronounced ‘keen-wa’), the best way to describe it is a little like cous cous – both in texture and taste. It can be a little bland on it’s own, but with the right mix of vegetables and herbs it can be quite delicious! A good alternative to a side dish of pasta or potatoes.
Here’s the recipe for you to try out –
Parsley and Quinoa Salad (As found on www.taste.com.au)
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 3/4 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1 small Lebanese cucumber, peeled, deseeded, diced
- Place quinoa and 1 1/2 cups cold water in a saucepan over high heat. Cover. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer for 10 to 12 minutes or until water has absorbed. Drain. Rinse. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Place lemon juice and oil in a screw-top jar. Season with salt and pepper. Secure lid. Shake to combine. Add parsley, cucumber and dressing to quinoa. Toss to combine. Serve.