I recently bought turkey mince when I stumbled across it at the supermarket. For some reason, you can always find beef, lamb, pork and even chicken mince – but turkey mince is really rare!
I felt like it for dinner tonight, but needed a recipe. After a quick search on my Taste.com.au app, I found a yummy-looking stir fry recipe. I made a few changes to make it FODMAPs friendly and voila! A tasty recipe for the sensitive tummy with very limited leftovers.
Please note that the picture featured is from the original recipe. My plate looked a little bit different. I really need to start taking photos of my dishes! But I’m usually so hungry and excited to dig in that I always seem to forget!
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 3 cups of Basmati rice
- 500g turkey mince
- 1 red capsicum, chopped
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 2 cups bean sprouts
- 1 small chilli or cayenne pepper, to taste
- Ginger, to taste (I used ginger paste)
- Basil, to taste (I used basil paste – alternatively, you can use 1/2 cup basil leaves)
- 2 tablespoons gluten free soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
1. Prepare your rice – whether it’s in a rice cooker, stove or microwave.
2. Cook the turkey mince in a large wok until brown.
3. Add the ginger, basil and chilli (or cayenne pepper), to taste. (I used big dollops of ginger and basil paste and got an amazing result! Keep tasting the meal to check whether the quantities suit you.)
4. Add the capsicum, bean sprouts and baby spinach. Stir until combined.
5. Add soy sauce and brown sugar.
6. Serve with rice.
7. Enjoy!! 🙂
I look forward to hear your feedback and any alterations you make!