Sorry it’s been so long in between posts! But the good news is: I now have a gorgeous 11 week old named Gabrielle and I have a new recipe to share. I didn’t get the chance to take a photo I’m afraid – but I’ll add an image at a later date when I make it again. I found the recipe in a cookbook with gluten free and lactose free meals. The heading at the top of the page said ‘Baked Garlic Chicken’ and I thought ‘Great, can’t make that one!’ But then further down the page it had the recipe for this meal and it tasted great!
Ingredients – Serves 4
2 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
1/4 cup strawberry jam
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1/2 teaspoon dried Italian herbs
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees celsius.
2. Place baking paper on 2 baking dishes.
3. Cut the chicken breasts into smaller, thinner pieces.
4. Season the chicken breasts with the sea salt and cracked pepper on both sides and roast in the baking dishes for 6 minutes – turning the chicken over after 3 minutes.
5. In a small saucepan, heat the strawberry jam, balsamic vinegar and Italian herbs over low heat until the jam melts.
6. Brush the chicken liberally with the glaze and roast, turning over and brushing every 2-3 minutes, for 12 minutes, or until the chicken is golden glazed and cooked through.
6. Serve with rice, salad or veggies and enjoy!
Look forward to hearing your feedback. 🙂 I’m also perfecting a mince sausage roll recipe – so stayed tuned!